Friday, November 26, 2010

The Guys Around Me

"You make me feel lucky as I can be."- Lucky by Hoobastank

God has blessed me with people. He has blessed me with relationships. He has blessed me with family. He has blessed me with friends. I have a lot of great influential women in my life but at the same time I have amazing guys in my life. Those guys make me laugh so hard. Those guys stand up for me when I need it. They help me stand when I don't think I can ever stand again. So I would love to say some things about those guys! Here I go:

My hero: Daddy- My dad is in one word, my hero. He has been through so much in his life. Seeing how he has become an even better person seriously convincts me. He is daddy. He is my listener. He is my sympathizer. He is my lifeline. He is my teacher. The fact that my dad was a part of me becoming a Christian is very important to me. He is such a great husband to my mom. I want a husband just like him. I know for a fact that he loves me and always will... no matter what mistakes I make. He is the most Christ-like person I know. He truly is. He loves people unconditionally even when it's difficult. I love him so much and have no idea what I would do without him.

My protector: Joey- Joey is the best. One thing I can always say about Joey is that he is the one constant in my life. Nothing changes with him. He is stability. He's an amazing friend. I can count on him to invest in our friendship as much as I do. He's intimidating at first, but once you get to know him, he's one of the best people you'll ever meet. His influence on me is great. I feel safe with him. He's always there to protect me. I know for a fact that if anyone hurt me (physically or emotionally), that person would have a black eye from Joey the next day. Joey is a fantastic person to have in my life right now.

My entertainment and "husband": Andrew- Andrew is truly something. He never ceases to make me laugh. Our relationship is very different from the normal friendship. Something between the two of us clicks. We had to dislike each other to experience that click. I've had more hilarious moments with him than I can count. Our love-hate relationship will forever stand true. :) He's my favorite Canadian as well as my favorite taco... Hearing his voice again would be one of the greatest things I can think of. I miss him so much.

My mentor: Pastor Phil- Pastor Phil is the person I consider to be my second daddy. Him and I are what we like to call "tight". We pretty much tell each other everything. As a teenager it's very important to me that my youth pastor invests in me so much. He invests not only in our relationship but also mine and Christ's relationship. I always know that he's got my back in every situation. I love P. Phil very much and he has impacted my life in huge ways.

My big brother: Kyle- Kyle is my big brother. He's always there when I need a listening ear. He's one of the best advice givers I know. We can joke around as much as we like but somehow Kyle knows when to make it stop. He knows when to stop Evan from picking on me. He can tell when I'm not getting something during band practice. He's great at pushing my pedal back underneath my foot even when we're in the middle of service. ;) He's a phenomenal thinker. If you want a situation thought out long and hard, tell Kyle about it. He's a truly awesome friend.

My little brother: Kendall- Kendall makes me laugh. He gives the greatest hugs. He's always excited to see me, it seems. Kendall is good at making you feel special. I can have the worst Wednesday ever but when I see Kendall and he goes "Emilyyyyy" it makes me feel just that much better. I'm proud of him for a lot of things. His relationship with my friend Julissa is one of them. He's taking it at a pace that's good for him and her, even when it's so difficult. He's the best little bro a girl could ask for.

There are so many more great male figures in my life but those are just a few that I feel I need to put in the spotlight. All of them are so special and important to me. I truly don't know where I would be without them. :)

4 comments:

  1. what an inspirational blog - you have honored so many people here and what a privilege to have such incredible people and family to surround you and uplift you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is the Kyle I've mentioned here! :)

    ReplyDelete